So.. this morning at work we had a long discussion about Thanksgiving side dishes. Here are some of the conclusions we came up with, but I would love to here your thoughts.
- Macaroni and cheese
- should not contain onions, bread crumbs or Velveeta or American cheese!
- SHOULD contain — real cheese, milk, eggs and macaroni
- Sweet Potatoes
- should not be sliced
- SHOULD BE whipped or mashed and baked in a pie, served as a side dish or if you need the extra fiber baked and served in the skin.
- this was a VERY controversial issue! Some were all about it, and some were just say no! I am of the school that stuffing is nothing but WET BREAD would you eat wet bread on any other day? Then why would you do it on Thanksgiving.
- Cranberry Sauce
- another controversial one
- some were all about the chunky cranberry sauce
- others were shake it out of the can with can marks and all
- me.. it’s ALL NASTY and just say no!
So.. talk me what are you thoughts on side dishes, have a missed any, please share!!!