Last week I talked about how to change your perspective to get fit. This week I give you the rest of the tips — you are either moving forward toward your goals, treadmilling — plugging away but going now where or standing still. My hop is that these goals will help propel you forward into taking action.
- COMMIT TO VARIETY. I hear it all the time; I can eat the same thing over and over again. Whelp – no you can’t!! Your body gets use to everything. We need to keep your body guessing – that means food, cardio and lifting!!! Here are some quick tips:
*Food – make 2 menus and rotate between them. Learn to introduce 1 new food item/month. Also, learn that nuts and nut butters are great, but not an every day source of good fat.
*Cardio — each time you go to the gym – try a different piece of cardio and try a different program for cardio – one day you do the fat burner, the next hill interval, the next manual and make up your own kick ass interval. Are you picking up what I’m putting down?
* Lifting – each month vary yours workout to keep your body guessing some months its about endurance, some months its about strength – make your workout about muscle confusion that’s how you are going to stimulate change. Over training doesn’t make results come faster – it leads to injury and NO RESULTS!
- BE OPEN TO THE PROCESS. This is a process; each of you is an individual. Your body will do what it wants to do. If you are client of mine, I have years of experience and have seen hundreds of bodies. Just trust – I know you go to the gym, go on Facebook or other forums and hear that people are doing this that and everything else. I ask that if you are working with me you trust; I know what we I’m doing. I can help you reach your goal!
- BE A PROBLEM SOLVER. Obstacles are going to appear. I don’t want them to get you down. When obstacles appear – you are going to look at it and say to yourself – what can I do to – go over it, under it, around it, over it or punch a hole right though it. You can also reach out to your coach so we can brainstorm ideas.
- WHAT’S YOUR INTENTION! Decide what is your bull’s-eye – what is your ultimate goal and set your mind on achieving it! You need to from this point forward commit to be better than you were yesterday. Think of the book The Little Engine That Could. He keeps plugging along and eventually makes it up that hill. The worse thing you could do is – QUIT! Remember the easy to do is the hardest to do!
I hope has helped you put your fitness commitments into prospective. I’m hear to help. If you need any assistance, just shoot me an email. If you think what I’m saying is completely crazy!!! Leave me a comment below.