Sure it’s Valentine’s Day and it’s all about finding a valentine. Bummed you don’t have one? Guess what you have one, YOU. Celebrate YOU! If you don’t love yourself who else will do it.
Instead of Valentine’s day I’m gonna celebrate what makes me special.
This one was particularly hard for me for two reasons.
- I don’t really like to shine the spotlight on me, I’m more of a background stage manager type person.
- It caused me to get really deep and think about what I really want and be very open. I’m usually the one asking the questions to help my clients open up and get to the heart of what you are really feeling. Now.. the spotlight being put on me and my feelings and that’s not something I really like to do. Typically I’m the one asking questions (not in a police interrogation kind of way) or the smart ass in the corner telling jokes.
Here goes nothing!!!
- What are you better at than anyone else? I’m not better I just think differently. I believe the client has the answer. I don’t. I’m better at asking great questions to help them really figure out what THEY want and break it down into bite size chunks. I work with clients to meet them where they are. My questions help me to better understand your motivations behind making a change in your life.
- What do you enjoy doing the most? I geek out when I see my clients achieving results and crushing their goals. I can see the strengths in each and every client and work with you by breathing belief into you when you don’t or can’t believe in yourself. I enjoy showing you how to stop dieting and embrace your changes as a lifestyle.Personally, I’m a big geek. Right now I’m reading everything I can get my hands on about hormones and mindset. I love traveling seeing new places. My ultimate is sitting by the water listening to water. My goal is to live by the water.
- What do (or could) you provide that no one else is providing? I am a Lifestyle Interventionist.
I don’t encourage my clients to follow a “diet”. I listen to all the facts and work with them to brainstorm different solutions that will work best for them. Together we create a road map leading you to your dreams. This is so POWERFUL!
- What annoys people the most about your industry ? When folks get on their high horse and telling YOU what YOU need to do without any flexibility. I also get frustrated with the bootcamp type instructors/fitness professionals who believe in no pain no gain. If you aren’t hobbling the next day it’s not a workout you didn’t CRUSH IT.Now.. I’m not giving your carte blanche to drinking wine by the bottle and ice cream by the gallon. I do believe in meeting you where you are. I also believe in a safe and sensible approach based on YOUR lifestyle, your reality. I’m not a fan of trying to mold YOUR reality to fit a “diet”. Guess what that doesn’t work, so enough you’ll be running for the diet exit.
- What is remarkable about you? I have a sense of humor. I don’t take myself so seriously. I’m honest to a fault. You will always know where I stand. I will also hold you accountable to helping you to achieve your goals and dreams. If you want to achieve your dreams I’m your girl.
- Do you have an unusual combination of elements? What is unusual about me is also remarkable about me is my unusual combinations of elements. I have a sense of humor, a way of explaining fitness concepts in layman terms to you so that your really understand what the heck you should or shouldn’t be doing. I have a way of putting you at ease, encouraging you to answer questions openly and honestly. This is the first big step toward permanent change.
- Do you have a big personality? Yes. I can sometimes be a loud and over the top type of person. It’s just that I’m passionate about what I do for a living that I can be a get a little excited.
They say no 2 snowflakes are alike and I feel the same way about trainer relationships and their clients. Each relationship has its on fingerprint and each client approach is different based on where they are in life. ‘
I know that you know what to do when it comes to getting healthy and working out, but sometimes you need a little support. You need someone to be in your fitness confident. Someone who will tell you yeah girl, that you are on the right track or hey make these tweaks and you’ll get even better result. I created the 7 day Lifestyle Intervention.