I’m so not a big fan of cardio, so when I do it, I want to get the biggest bang for my buck! So.. I choose to do HITT. Here’s a brief explanation about HITT_Tabata HITT.
HIIT – High Intensity Interval Training – as the name suggests, HIIT is a program that works you hard to produce the fitness results you desire. HIIT is becoming the “go-to” method for athletes and celebrities who want to restore their fitness levels and look and feel better. Come one who doesn’t want to button their pants OK look good naked =)
HIIT has long been used by professional athletes and Olympians to increase their endurance and fitness in a shorter amount of time and for the best results. Here are five of the main benefits of HIIT workout routines:
- Fast and Convenient – In our fast-paced lifestyles, who has time for an hour long workout at the gym? HIIT exercises allow you to get the same or even better results in less than half the amount of time.
- Super-Charges Your Metabolism – The interval training in HIIT causes EPOC (Excess Post-Exercise Oxygen Consumption) which means that your metabolism will enjoy a boost of up to 48 hours after a HIIT routine.
- No Equipment Needed – You can use equipment such as a treadmill or other equipment you’re used to, but you can also perform HIIT when running, swimming, body weight and other cross-training exercise routines.
- Do It Anywhere – You don’t need a gym membership or a special place to exercise. If you’re pressed for time, you can simply do a number of body weight exercises for a certain amount of time and then rest. As long as you’re giving the intensity portion all of your effort, HIIT will work.
- Challenging – If you’re ready for the workout routine of your life, get involved in HIIT. It’s difficult, but the results you’ll see in so short an amount of time will make you a firm believer in HIIt.
HIIT is one of the top fitness trends of the year, and is only poised to grow in the next year. Because it’s fast and you don’t have to spend hours in a workout routine, it works for most of us with ultra-busy lifestyles.
It can also be performed with a variety of exercises, including those you enjoy most. Any type of exercise that lets you get your heart rate up to a high level will help you burn more fat in a much shorter time. The intervals involved with HIIT tend to increase your body’s demand for oxygen and actually cause an oxygen shortage.
This demand for oxygen increases your metabolism so that your “afterburn” will be burning calories long after the exercise routine is over. HIIT workouts are all about saving time and getting the same results as those exercises that last for an hour or more. Click here for a sample HITT workout.