Back in the day I was hot chocolate junkie!! But most hot chocolate out there is just a ball of artificialness.
I really missed it so I found this great recipe helps to hit the spot. It’s somewhere between hot chocolate and chocolate pudding and meant to be sipped on.
This recipe is RICH. You won’t need a lot of it to get your fill! I’ve used mint in this recipe, but you could get a little crazy and use different extracts for different flavors.
· 2 1/4 cups milk (almond OR coconut milk)
· 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
· 1/4 cup sugar
· 1 1/2 tbsp. cornstarch (be as exact as possible or the texture will be weird)
· 6 fresh mint leaves
· 1/2 tsp mint extract
1. Put all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk often.
2. Cook until it begins to boil. Whisking constantly.
3. Once the mixture boils, remove it from heat to serve.
4. (Optional) Remove the mint leaves before serving and either throw them out or put them on the top so you don’t end up finding them unexpectedly in the cup.